Travatan Opht Sol 0.004%
Travatan Opht Sol 0.004% Information
Travatan is a drug used to treat increased pressure in the eyes, also known as ocular hypertension, and open angle glaucoma who have been unsuccessful with other medications. Travoprost is the active ingredient which is a prostaglandin analog. It works by reducing pressure in the eye by increasing the amount of fluid that drains from the eye. Glaucoma affects mainly patients over the age of 40, and is even more common in those over age 75.
Travatan Side Effects
The most common Travatan side effects include:
• Dry or watery eyes;
• Mild eye discomfort, feeling like something is in your eye, blurred vision;
• Stinging or burning of the eyes after using the drops;
More common side effects may include:
• Chest pain;
• Increased sensitivity to light, vision changes;
• Oozing or discharge from your eye;
• Redness, swelling, itching, or pain in or around your eye;
Travatan Safety in Pregnancy and Children
Before purchasing, tell your doctor if you have had any other eye condition such as conjunctivitis. Travatan is in pregnancy category C (studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus). Discuss the risks and benefits of using Travatan if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Travatan is for use in adults only, and is not for use in children.
- 0.004 %/2.5 ml